Deadline for papers submission: 15th August 2019
Link to the submission form: https://papers.eecongress2020.org.
Authors must enter their email and password (the same they used to submit the abstract). They will find there a button to submit the paper for each accepted abstract.
Paper template: link https://papers.eecongress2020.org/uploads/Example%20paper&instructions.docx
Abstract submission will remain open until November 11th, 2018.
Method of Submission
- When the abstract has been uploaded successfully a confirmation email will be sent to the corresponding author. In case you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please check your spam folder and, in the case that a confirmation e-mail is not received, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authors will have access to their abstracts until the deadline and will have the possibility to edit submitted abstracts and submit additional ones.
- All correspondence concerning the abstract will be sent to submitting authors e-mail address.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- The official language of the congress is English; therefore all abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Authors will be asked to select the topic under which the abstract is submitted, but the congress organisers reserve the right to re-allocate the abstract to a different category if it is felt to be more appropriate.
- Submitted abstracts must be original. Abstracts previously published or presented at another international scientific meeting should not be submitted.
- The corresponding author’s name and e-mail address will be used for all communications relating to the congress.
- The length of the abstracts should be a maximum of 300 words, plain text.
- Title: Make the title of the abstract brief, clearly indicating the nature of the investigation. Use a capital letter for the first letter in the title only (DO NOT capitalize each word).
The E&E Congress is a scientific and technical event and submitted papers are subject to a peer-review process. The abstracts will be reviewed by the Technical Programme Committee and the papers will be reviewed by a Paper Review Committee.
The abstract acceptance criteria are:
- The subject should support the themes of the congress
- The abstract / paper should not be commercial
- The subject should be innovative
Authors are encouraged to relate the technology aspects of their abstract / papers to the socio / economic benefits for society.
For the case studies category additional acceptance criteria apply:
- Only verified projects should be reported. For each project, the road owner should be identifiable.
- Papers should not contain any brand or supplier names. Any product or process should be described by its nature (chemical, physical, technical or other).
- The criteria for classification into “success” or “failure” must be objectively reported. This can be shown e.g. by comparison with a reference section, a listed state of the art and/or applicable technical standards.
The paper acceptance criteria are:
- Technical content (or technical quality) of the paper
o Clarity and rigour (the paper should be clear, easy to understand, well structured, based on well-founded arguments)
o The scientific and technical value
o Originality and / or innovative level
- The paper should conform to the Guidelines for Authors (these will be published on www.eecongress2021.org)
Following a review of a submitted paper, if changes are requested by the reviewer(s), authors will have the opportunity to modify their paper. After modification the papers will be reviewed again.
|November 11, 2018||Deadline for submitting abstracts|
|February 2019||Acceptance notification|
|August 15, 2019||Deadline for manuscripts submission|
|January, 2020||Final acceptance|
All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the congress and authors are encouraged to participate in the poster session. A selection of papers will be invited to be presented orally during the congress, however due to the limited time available oral presentation is not guaranteed.
Previous E&E Congresses have had an excellent and well-attended poster session, this provides an excellent opportunity for networking and in-depth discussion about the content of your work. The poster session will again be open to all authors whose paper has been accepted. Authors will be asked to attend their poster during the poster session.
The official language for the Congress will be English. Abstracts and papers must be written in English.